Whether you have never been happy with the way you fill out clothing or your breasts ended up smaller after breastfeeding or weight changes, breast augmentation can help. At our offices in Mississauga and Toronto, Dr. Michael J. Weinberg is a breast enhancement specialist with the skill and experience to consistently produce the beautiful, natural-looking results you desire.
To find out whether breast augmentation can give you the enhanced look you want, request an appointmentrequest an appointment with Dr. Weinberg using our online form or call our offices at 905-273-3045 (Mississauga) or 416-207-9090 (Toronto). Dr. Weinberg helps men and women from Oakville, Brampton, and beyond achieve their aesthetic goals.
WARNING: This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Before & After Photos
Breast Augmentation - Case 10
For Breast Augmentation Mississauga Woman Trusts Her Friend’s Referral. This 34 year old Mississauga business woman had been unhappy with her breast size for many years. She wanted more cleavage. Her girl friend recommended Toronto plastic surgery expert Dr. Weinberg. At her first consultation they ...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
Breast Augmentation - Case 43
Woman Chooses Large Breast Implants. While she was not unhappy with her healthy sized bust, this single 20 year old bartender wanted a more voluptuous look. She had always dreamed of enhancing her breast size, but when her sister announced she was going to have implants, she was finally convinced t...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
Breast Augmentation - Case 9
For Out Of Province Patient Seeking Breast Augmentation Toronto is Her Choice for Treatment. This 25 year old woman didn’t hesitate to travel to Toronto for breast augmentation surgery. Her friend who had undergone breast augmentation in Toronto recommended Dr. Weinberg to her. She had considered br...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
Breast Augmentation - Case 78
Patient Chooses High Profile Breast Implant.Tall and slim, this busy 32 year old career woman working in the medical field felt her small 34 B breast size did not suit her frame. Referred by a friend, she booked a consultation with Dr. Weinberg to find out about breast augmentation in Toronto. Dr. W...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
Breast Augmentation - Case 39
Breast Deflation and Inverted Nipples Solved With Breast Augmentation. This 38 year old woman had found that with time and child rearing she had suffered loss of breast tissue. She was a 34 B cup size prior to surgery and wanted to be a large C. She also had inverted nipples and did not like the app...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
Breast Augmentation - Case 57
Breast Implants Fulfill Woman’s Dream. This fit 24 year old woman had dreamed of breast enhancement for years. A 32 A she had always been self conscious about her small breast size, and wanted to be a C cup. A friend recommended Dr. Weinberg, and she decided to proceed with breast augmentation in To...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
Breast Augmentation - Case 38
Breast Augmentation for Young Brampton Woman Boosts Confidence:This 22 year old woman working in customer service and sales was unhappy with her 36 A breast size. She did not want very large breasts, just an increase to a large B/small C cup size. She had one child with no plans for any more. She me...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
Breast Augmentation - Case 3
After Bilateral Breast Augmentation Brampton Woman Achieves Larger, Fuller Breast Size. This 35 year old woman had thought about breast augmentation for a long time, being unhappy with her 34 B breast size before breast enhancement. After much research on breast implants Toronto plastic surgeon Dr. ...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
Breast Augmentation - Case 6
Barrie Woman Enjoys Breast Augmentation Results:This 53 year old Barrie woman is a classic example of a patient who has lost considerable breast volume after breast feeding. Small breasted for years, her breasts prior to surgery were deflated, with hanging “ptosis” of the nipple, and loo...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
Breast Augmentation - Case 102
After Breast Augmentation, Toronto Woman 'Feels Good' About Body:That’s the reason this 21 year old woman gave for wanting to undergo breast augmentation. A Toronto area waitress, she saved toward her goal cosmetic surgery, and ultimately underwent her breast augmentation with Dr. Wein...Request Your Appointment Request Your Appointment View Photo Gallery
A Better Breast Augmentation
As Division Head of Plastic Surgery at Trillium Health Centre, and adjunct lecturer at University of Toronto, Dr. Weinberg is an excellent choice for your breast implant surgeon. In addition to assuring the highest standard of safety, Dr. Weinberg offers the following benefits:
- Experience – He has performed over 1,000 breast surgeries in the past few years alone, with an extensive reconstructive and cosmetic practice.
- Options – He performs several different incision methods, using a variety of approaches and implants, and will help choose the right plan for you.
- Skill – Dr. Weinberg uses advanced techniques and methods for fast surgical time and a quick recovery.
Dr. Michael J. Weinberg is a Royal College certified plastic surgeon, and is committed to helping you achieve a youthful and vibrant appearance.Meet Dr. Weinberg
Planning Your Procedure
Dr. Weinberg takes each patient's specific goals into account when planning every breast augmentation procedure. He also offers his expertise and professional aesthetic opinion during the initial decision-making process. Dr. Weinberg closely evaluates your body's proportions and the quality of your existing breast tissue to guide you through the following choices:
- Breast implant choices, such as size, shape, material, profile, and texture
- Incision location
- Implant placement
Dr. Weinberg may recommend combining your breast augmentation with a breast lift to reduce sagging and enhance breast shape. For women who are unhappy with their current breast implants, either because of complications or a simple dissatisfaction with size or shape, Dr. Weinberg performs breast implant revision surgery.
Sisters Undergo Breast Implants, Toronto TV Show Excerpt
Sisters Undergo Breast Implants, Toronto TV Show Excerpt
Breast Implant Choices
For today's breast augmentation patient, Health Canada has approved both saline- and silicone-filled breast implants in a number of shapes, sizes, and profiles, with either smooth or textured shells. Your body and your preferences will determine what makes certain implants a better choice for you. Dr. Weinberg takes these considerations into account and will help you pick the right implant type for your frame, your lifestyle, and your goals. Visit our breast implant options page for more detailed information about these choices.
Dr. Weinberg offers 3 different incision options, which all become practically invisible once healed. The one that works best for you depends on a few different factors, including the size and type of the implants you select, as well as certain lifestyle factors, such as whether you might breastfeed in the future. Take a look at the benefits of each choice:
- Inframammary fold (IMF) incisions are popular thanks to their versatility. Made along the crease beneath the breast, the IMF incision offers Dr. Weinberg the most amount of control during surgery, as well as a discreet scar that can easily be concealed beneath clothing and swimwear. This incision also avoids the nipple, preserving sensation and the milk-producing structures that are important for breastfeeding. These factors make the IMF incision Dr. Weinberg's preferred incision in many breast augmentation cases.
- Periareolar incisions are made along the lower edge of the areola. This incision creates a scar that is extremely difficult to see once healed, because it blends into the coloration border that differentiates the areola from the rest of the breast. It also allows Dr. Weinberg excellent access to the breast pocket so he can create natural-looking results.
- Transaxillary incisions are made in the armpits. This approach's obvious appeal is in the fact that it doesn't create any potential for scarring on the breast. Instead, the small scar is limited to the underarm and is not typically noticeable in daily life.
While the IMF incision is Dr. Weinberg's preferred incision option, when the IMF incision is not the best choice for the patient, he may use either the transaxillary or periareolar incision. Dr. Weinberg offers his medical opinion to help you choose the safest and most discreet incision location for you.
Implant placement, or where within the breast the implant is added, is another important consideration. Most of today's patients have 2 options, each of which can affect recuperation time and long-term results. Check out the advantages of each:
- Over-the-muscle placement is technically called subglandular placement because the implants go above the pectoralis muscle but under the mammary gland. This is a straightforward approach to breast augmentation and typically requires the shortest, most comfortable recovery period. This option is best for women who have a good amount of existing breast tissue to cover the implant for seamless contours.
- Submuscular (subpectoral) placement positions the implant almost completely under the pectoral muscle. This option is often useful for women with little natural breast tissue, because it uses the muscle to cover and "camouflage" the implant. Submuscular placement also creates a more natural-looking breast shape and a lower risk of a complication called bottoming out, which occurs when the implant migrates downward from its original placement. This option is a very popular choice for patients who prioritize a low complication rate and a natural look and feel.
Preview Your Potential
The VECTRA® 3-D imaging system provides a virtual glimpse of the results you can achieve with breast surgery.
Preview Your Potential
The VECTRA® 3-D imaging system provides a virtual
glimpse of the results you can achieve with breast surgery.
The Breast Augmentation Procedure
Breast augmentation is usually performed as outpatient surgery with the patient under general anesthesia. Most procedures take about an hour and a half to complete.
Patients usually choose to have their procedures at the clinic and enjoy the personal attention of our warm, friendly staff, and the spa-like atmosphere of a private facility. Because Dr. Weinberg is Division Head of Plastic Surgery at Trillium Health Centre, women also have the option of having their breast augmentations performed in the hospital.
Breast Augmentation Cost
The cost of breast augmentation depends primarily on the choice of breast implant, including whether saline or silicone gel implants are used. Some cost savings can be realized when breast augmentation is combined with other procedures, for example when it is combined with a tummy tuck and liposuction as part of a Mommy Makeover.
Breast Augmentation Before & AfterBeforeAfter
This patient got 290-cc cohesive silicone gel implants, which Dr. Weinberg placed under the muscle using a breast crease incision. To see more patient photos, visit our online photo gallery.
After Your Procedure
You will likely return home the day of your surgery and should be able to shower a day later. Dr. Weinberg is quick to remind patients that there is still work to do even after surgery. Things to keep in mind include:
- It's important to stand and walk around several times a day after surgery to facilitate healing and reduce the risk of blood clots.
- You will need to wear a tensor bandeau for 6 weeks to keep your implants properly placed on your chest. While your implants will initially ride high, they will usually drop down into position at about 6 weeks.
- Expect to be ready to return to work within 5 to 7 days.
- Physical contact with your breasts may resume in 3 to 4 weeks as the breasts are usually sensitive to stimulation for the first few weeks following your procedure.
- At your follow-up appointments, you will be instructed on the best ways to help your incisions heal and fade quickly. Any scarring should fade within the subsequent months following your breast augmentation.
You will receive plenty of compassionate care after breast augmentation through regular follow-up appointments with Dr. Weinberg. He also makes himself available throughout the healing process, answering questions and providing guidance.
Possible Risks & Complications
As with all surgical procedures, there are possible complications that can occur with breast augmentation. Potential complications specific to your surgery will be discussed in detail at your consultation.
How You Can Learn Even More
We hope outlining these advantages has set you on a path toward understanding and enthusiasm. If you'd like to learn even more about your options, we invite you to explore the following pages: