Noticing more brown spots, visible pores, and wrinkles? After a season of long days spent in the summer sun, a dull and damaged complexion is almost inevitable. While you might not be ready to swap swimsuits for sweaters just yet, the sooner you start repairing summer damage, the better your skin will look and feel once the crisp autumn months come back around.
Here are 5 simple and effective steps that the skin experts at our plastic surgery practice in Toronto swear by to help you get back on track and looking beautiful long before the leaves begin to fall:
- Rehydrate: Saltwater, chlorine, and even sunscreen can dehydrate skin. Give your skin a break and some much-needed TLC by using some gentle, repairing skin care options. Look for hydrating ingredients in your products such as glycerin and shea butter, which guarantee long-lasting moisture. We’re loving the Obagi® Nu-Derm System (which has both of those ingredients) to rehydrate for smooth, supple skin.
- Fade away: Now that you’ll be spending more time indoors, it’s the perfect time to schedule treatments that might otherwise have kept you out of the sun. One of our favorite treatments, microdermabrasion, is dedicated to removing dead layers of skin to effectively fade sun spots, minimize acne, and reveal a more youthful, refreshed complexion. We usually recommend microdermabrasion and laser treatment patients stay out of the sun after treatment, so this is a perfect time.
- Minimize: Time spent in the sun can create new wrinkles or intensify existing ones that, unlike your summer glow, will stick around long after summer’s end. Prescription wrinkle injections can ease “dynamic” lines and give skin a smoother, more relaxed appearance that will reverse the signs of summertime.
- Protect: Just because you won’t be spending as much time outdoors doesn’t mean you should forego applying SPF. No matter the season, sunscreen should be an essential part of your daily routine. In fact, it might actually be the most important part! Makeup that has SPF is an added bonus, but don’t rely on it alone to provide adequate protection. Find a sunscreen that provides both UVA and UVB protection, and lather up!
- Glow: Maintain a warm, sun-kissed look, define your features, and enhance bone structure by adding a bronzer to your makeup regimen. Our “go to” product? The glō-minerals™ Bronze is mineral-based and looks fabulous on any complexion. The summer may have faded, but your glowing complexion doesn’t have to!
We offer microdermabrasion, wrinkle injections, and other treatments to refresh and replenish your skin. We also carry a variety of skin care products that will actively protect skin and treat a range of conditions. Schedule an appointment with us today to receive expert advice on the best skin care treatments for you.
Leave a Reply