We’ve reviewed the magazines, the celebrity columns, and the medical literature, as well as examined our own practice, to bring you this summary of treatments that are on the rise and increasingly on our radar in 2015. Of course, the usual suspects, i.e. Botox, fillers, breast augmentations, tummy tucks, and facelifts, as well as laser procedures, continue to be highly popular. However, perusing the data from ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgery) shows us fat grafting procedures, in general, are up, as are liposuction procedures. It’s also interesting to note that ASPS confirms breast reconstructions are increasing, perhaps due to the Angelina Jolie effect, and male procedures too have increased substantially, male patients now constituting a growing proportion of those opting for cosmetic procedures. So, here’s our top ten list of up and comers:
- Brazilian Butt Lift – a variety of derriere enhancing procedures have become the most significant growth area, so to speak, this year, but specifically fat grafting to the buttocks is taking off (shall we call it the Kardashian effect?).
- Mini Facelifts – in keeping with a general “less is more” philosophy that has crept onto the scene after too many bad celebrity surgeries, many patients are seeking more subtle improvements with less invasive, smaller surgeries.
- Mini Tummy Tucks – these aren’t for everyone, as only modest bulges can be treated without a full tummy tuck. However, a greater number of fit people with smaller tummy bulges are deciding to go for surgery.
- Neck Liposuction – the neck is many people’s nemesis, and most neck procedures, including skin tightening with Thermage®, and injectable therapies are on the rise. Liposuction is a simple and successful way to rid oneself of the waddle for the right candidate.
- VECTRA imaged Breast Augmentation – Breast augmentations continue to be among the most popular procedures, but specifically, women seeking a reliable sneak preview of their post- augment self increasingly seek out VECTRA imaging to “ test drive” their implant choices.
- Male Breast Reduction – As more men become open to cosmetic surgery, and as more realize that some gynecomastia surgeries can be done with liposuction alone, breast reduction surgeries have become more commonplace.
- “Liquid” Nose Jobs and Jaw Contouring – A wider range of fillers and improved injection techniques means problems with noses , chins, and jaws that used to be treated surgically are now being addressed very successfully without the need for the knife.
- Lip Augmentation – With the realization that lip enhancement doesn’t have to look huge or unnatural, women of all ages have added this to their beauty routine. So much so, that many women are now adding a little plumpness to their lips every few months seasonally when they switch from one shade of lipstick to another.
- Latisse – The list of celebrities that have either endorsed Latisse or been spotted by paparazzi carrying a box of it home just keeps growing (Mandy Moore, Brooke Shields, Kristen Stewart, Angie Harmon, to name only a few). It’s no wonder it’s been flying off the shelves!
- Non-Surgical Fat Reduction -Whether it be Liposonix or CoolSculpting®, Cosmetic physicians everywhere, including Dr. Weinberg, are seeing increasing numbers of patients interested in these procedures. Of course, seeking a consultation from someone who offers the full, comprehensive gamut of both surgical and nonsurgical options for those stubborn love handles, tummies, thighs and other undesirable bulges is the best way of insuring you get the treatment tailor made for you.
For more information on any of these fascinating top ten trends, contact us at (905) 273-3045.
Leave a Reply