Social media platforms seem to launch trends almost monthly, with some persisting and others flaming out rather quickly. Among these fads emerged “Instagram face,” which remains the subject of hashtags as people try to create the trendy appearance for themselves. The look is created in part by using nonsurgical cosmetic treatments such as dermal fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic injections. Patients at our Mississauga and Toronto offices sometimes request treatments to produce features associated with Instagram face.
In this blog post, we’ll provide some guidance for people interested in getting this look by focusing on each area of the face after providing a quick description of “Instagram face.”
Defining ‘Instagram Face’
If you’re a fan of celebrity influencers such as Kylie Jenner or Lele Pons, and you follow their Instagram accounts, you probably know the answer to this question. Because their accounts have millions of followers, selfies they post can mushroom into a full-blown trend in a matter of a few weeks or months. The Instagram face people are pursuing now emphasizes a wide-eyed look, with smooth-as-silk skin, and full, pouty lips.
Treatments for Each Facial Feature
Treatments vary for each targeted feature. Here’s a guide to injectable procedures that can help you get the look you want:
- Forehead: Younger patients (women and men in their 20s) can delay the development of certain fine lines and wrinkles with “preventive” BOTOX treatments. Sometimes called “baby BOTOX,” these injections use smaller doses than used for patients with existing wrinkles.
- Eye Area: We can give the brow the coveted lifted appearance using injectables such as BOTOX and fillers, including JUVÉDERM® and Restylane®. These procedures also minimize crow’s feet and treat dark circles below the eye. Wide eyes and a high brow are signature elements of Instagram face.
- Cheeks: Prominent, sculpted cheekbones are another essential feature of the Instagram face look. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®, which is used to restore volume to the cheeks, can create the high cheekbones that are associated with beauty—Instagram or no Instagram.
- Nose: Few people are born with a nose that is often considered the ideal: straight, with a barely perceptible upturn that is oh-so-cute. You don’t need a nose job (at least not for a temporary fix). Nonsurgical rhinoplasty techniques using injectable treatments can create a contoured nose without recovery time.
- Mouth: Lip augmentation is one of the most popular treatments we offer. Restylane Silk, Saypha, and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® are fillers designed specifically to add volume to the lips. When used conservatively, these fillers can create a sensual mouth without an overly plump, injected appearance. BELOTERO BALANCE® can also be used smooth out and fill in moderate to- severe nasolabial folds (the folds or wrinkles that go from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth).
- Chin and jaw: Even patients who have never heard of Instagram face have made sculpted jawlines and well–defined chins 2 of the top aesthetic trends of 2020. JUVÉDERM introduced a new filler in 2019 called VOLUX, the first explicitly designed to treat the lower face. It can reshape the chin and jawline to give it the desirable angular look that lasts for up to 18 months. Nonsurgical fat reduction treatments such as BELKYRA® can reduce the appearance of a double chin.
Coupled with quality skincare products, these procedures can produce the Instagrammable face that you want. Finding a provider with a track record of getting excellent results for nonsurgical facial contouring patients is an important part of achieving your cosmetic goals. You can go to our gallery of before-and-after photos showing injectable treatment patients.
We can discuss how injectables and skincare products can create the appearance you want at our Toronto or Mississauga offices. Contact us using the online form to request a consultation or call one of our locations to schedule an appointment. Call (416) 207-9090 for our Toronto practice or (905) 273-3045 to get in touch with our Mississauga office.